Read My Honest Review of The Workout Program Rushfit
There are a ton of workout programs available in the market today. Rushfit happens to be one of them. If you have never heard of it, no worries I will unpack what it is in this post. Rushfit was created by MMA star George St. Pierre. I am a big fan of MMA and the guys who do it are in top shape. Any time I see a person endorsing a fitness program based around themselves I get a little squirmy. The reason is that a lot of self endorsed fitness programs tend to well… suck. Does Rushfit fit this mold? Well we will get into that. Keep on reading to find out what I thought about each workout in Rushfit and if you should either try it or make fun of it.
What Rushfit Has to Offer
Here is a rundown of what Rushfit has to offer:
* DVD 1: STRENGTH & ENDURANCE WORKOUT
* DVD 2: ABDOMINAL STRENGTH & CORE TRAINING
* DVD 3: THE FIGHT CONDITIONING WORKOUT
* DVD 4: EXPLOSIVE POWER TRAINING
PLUS: GET the following BONUS workout DVDs and content:
* DVD 5: FULL BODY STRENGTH & CONDITIONING WORKOUT
* DVD 6: (2 workouts) BALANCE & AGILITY and STRETCHING FOR FLEXIBILITY
* 3 TRAINING CALENDARS – BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, AND ADVANCED
* FREE RUSHFIT Nutrition Guide
* & FREE RUSHFIT Workout Guide.
Here is a quick promo video
[I think this promo video needs some work, but it will give you a quick look at it]
My First Impressions of Rushfit
Here is a quick rundown of what I noticed about Rushfit prior to actually doing it:
- It blends bodyweight training and dumbbell use together in a high intensity interval format.
- The workouts are 5 rounds with each round lasting 5 minutes. It gets the job done in far less time than other programs
- It has a good amount of variety which increased the challenge
- It actually does a great job to fit beginners up to advanced.
- I like that George is actually doing the workouts and struggling as the others do in the DVD.
My Take On The Workouts
DVD 1: STRENGTH & ENDURANCE WORKOUT
This workout is a great total body workout. It also blends bodyweight training with dumbbell work very effectively. As the rounds progressed I noticed how fast these workouts sneak up on you. The format is simple, but it will kick your butt by the end of it.
DVD 2: ABDOMINAL STRENGTH & CORE TRAINING
Round 5 in this workout was tough for me. Overall this was a good workout that again blends bodyweight training with solid dumbbell work.
DVD 3: THE FIGHT CONDITIONING WORKOUT
This workout was a bit challenging at first go because it requires you to put together a lot of different combinations. But once I got the hang of it I liked.
DVD 4: EXPLOSIVE POWER TRAINING
I liked this one for sure. A great blend of explosive bodyweight work plus using dumbbells for explosive moves. Each rounds gets harder making it both fun and challenging.
DVD 5: FULL BODY STRENGTH & CONDITIONING WORKOUT
The first round of this one is 5 minutes of 10 squats followed by 5 Hindu push ups. By the end of just 5 minutes you will be sweating and huffing and puffing pretty hard. It also uses squat to press and other great full body moves. This one is probably my favorite.
DVD 6: (2 workouts) BALANCE & AGILITY and STRETCHING FOR FLEXIBILITY
This workout helped with building my stabilizer muscles. I tend to not work on balance ans stretching as much as I should and these workouts showed me that clearly.
My Overall Thoughts On Rushfit
I really liked this program actually. although I was a bit uneasy about a self endorsing workout program it actually is fun and challenging to do. It sneaks up on you as the rounds progress and within 25- 30 minutes your done with a great workout. Another aspect I like is that it does not focus on heavy weight lifting. Nothing is wrong with heavy weight lifting but the main focus on Rushfit is functional fitness, which is my main focus. Your muscles get on fire rather quickly and each workout is a total body workout. If you want to learn more or want to see what others are saying about Rushfit, click the picture below